Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ngihambe phesheya

I suppose this is my first offical blog on my trip to South Africa.

I just spent the last few days back "home" in Hyde County.

I am on my way home from the Raliegh Airport.

Getting back home tomorrow will put me back in my normal busy and rushed life, I can say with confidence I am not looking forward to it. The last few days have been simply amazing, right now I can't do them justice, and since this is my SA blog I wont justify them here.

I am starting to get nervous for the adventure. I have a lot of things to get together before I leave in 14 days.

Not knowing much about the program has left me feeling less anxious and having fewer expectations than last years adventure with Youthworks. I beleive this to be a blessing. With the lack of expectation I can help but become more and more excited as the day draws nearer. With this few expectations, I can't help but feel like I can't be let down.

There is one thing I'd like to expect: to see an elephant. However, I am not to confident, especially if this summer turns out like last summer, I still didn't see a bear in Hyde County.

Thought for the day: are we really so naive that we believe we are the only ones who can be right.

No comments: