Thursday, July 19, 2007

Lesotho

In Lesotho, at the highest bar in Africa, Zinhle on the left, Meghan, Nokulunga, Busi, noJabu. I took the picture. This was after a delicious lunch and a potent drink.

We had a bit of extra energy so we decided to climb the hill in the backyard of the horse farm we stayed at. It was a beautiful site and I am glad we did it. We sat at the top for quite some time, it had a remarkable view.I stayed alone at the top of the hill to watch the sunset. I've always been attracted to sunsets, it just gives me hope. As sure as the sun will set, so it will rise.

This is the view from the top of the mountain we scaled after walking 13 kms. It was high. I pretty much took this picture straight across the valley, we were so high there was actually snow. Imagine that.


At the top of the mountain there were cave paintings this is one of the many. It happens to be a family. The women have children on their backs, all with walking sticks and none with hats. This is how you can tell the difference of what culture these people belong to, unfortunately I don't remember which culture is which, this family is either Besotho, Zulu, or Sani.
This picture is on the way down the mountain, before Dominque fell and injured herself, You can tell just how steep it is, this is after walking down for about 10 minutes we had to get past the rocks, down the slopes, and eventually to the stream you see at the bottom. Hawu!

No comments: