While I can put up with it I'm still terrified of flying. The turbulance scares the shit out of me, like really no joke. Last night before getting on the plane I wikipedia-ed the boeing 767...apparently in its 30 some years in operation it has been involved in 39 accidents or incidents. Let me do the math for you that's over one accident a year. So I think to myself, I haven't heard of any in a while...which means its about time for a 767 to blow up.
Great news: on the flight to Rome we had about two hours of heavy turbulance that had me convinced that the wings were being ripped off our jet.
Lesson #1 don't google plane accidents before you get on a plane.
Everyone here speaks Italian even kids and people who look like they could speak Zulu fluentely. I'm good enough to pick out the English speakers but usually they are no help because they are just as lost as me. If they aren't as lost as me they aren't tourists and either aren't willing to help or will just point you in a random direction.
I had a lost looking black girl standing in the middle of the taxi station pegged for an american. I walked up to her and asked "do you speak English?" She said.no and I was a little sad, but she did have a non European accent, so I asked her where she was from she responded "Nigeria." BINGO I thought to myself "I was in South Africa last summer, I speak Zulu!" Then all of a sudden she spoke great English and gave me horrible directions.
Lesson #2: Don't ask for directions, it's probably going to be easier to find your way alone.
Side note: when I was about to get my phone back I ripped my wrap off my head hoping to trick the kid into thinking it wasn't the girl he just stole a phone from. I think it might have worked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment