Hello all I have been writing long email and just decided a quick update
would be just right.
Kim and I met in rome on friday and took two trains to prague. On our first
night train we put everything of value down our shirts because we heard
rumors of train cars being broken into and the passengers being gassed and
theived. Rumors...
We found prague to be a beautiful and lively place whose architecture and
surroundings were awe inspiring. The people were friendly but only tolerable
of tourists. Wandering from a sketch hostel to one recommended by a 5 star
hotel reception desk I spoke with two women from Belgium in Zulu. So to
those who ask when I'll use such a random language next time I will say
"when I am lost in the streets of Prague."
Prague gave us our first set of non-train friends, Ces and Diana from
Florida. We wandered around Prague and interesting museums, outdoor viewings
of futbol games and eventually to the Charles Bridge at sunset. Then we met
a group of guys dressed up in costumes galore celebrating a bachelor party
and we had a beer with them and made our way home for the night. The next
morning we met up with the girls again and went to a huge zoo. We separated
after the zoo and Kim and I ventured to the Prague palace. It was gorgeous
but we found our prize in the gift shop when we stumbled upon two puzzles
that have yet to be solved and remain to ruin our traveling days.
Our time in Prague was short but packed full of fun. We hopped on another
night train and made our way to Amsterdam making more friends along the way.
We arrived in Amsterdam yesterday and were immediately impressed with the
city and its citizens. We went to the Van Gogh Museum and ran into Jay
Manuel (from Americas Next Top Model) and his posse, we played stalkers for
a while then visited the Ann Frank Museum. It was surreal to be in a place
with such an infamous history. After that we went on a candle light canal
cruise with wine and cheese. While waiting in line for that we met two more
friends Bill and Jennifer from Louisville, KY celebrating their 40th wedding
anniversary. The canal cruise was informing and relaxing. We decided to walk
home and of course got lost because we listened to bad directions eventually
we made it back to the hotel and got a good nights rest. Today we wandered
the streets of Amsterdam and tonight are a adventuring to the Famous Red
Light District for a midnight stroll.
I hope this email was all you hoped for and more. I also hope it finds you
all well. I miss you all but it seems since time is flying I will be back
before anyone knows it.
Stay sane!
Heather and kim (mostly heather...kim has been sleeping this whole time)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment